An excellent semi-permeable casing suitable for all cooked sausages, but also for other sausages still to be smoked.
Semi-permeable cellulose casing – 45 mm | 5-set
An excellent semi-permeable cellulose casing suitable for all cooked sausages, but also for other sausages still to be smoked. It can also be used as a casing for dried sausages if you want a slightly larger diameter than the normal hog casing. Can also be used as a casing for cooked sausages, liver sausages and black pudding. ‘Easy peel’ type so your sausage does not damage when cut. Because of the loop, it can easily be hung in a smoker.
This casing is also great for making homemade tempeh.
- Material: cellulose
- Color: white
- Caliber 45 mm
- Maximum filling caliber: 50 mm
- Length: 40 cm
- With loop
- easy to peel
- sold per 5
Instruction for using this cellulose casing
Soak for around 30 minutes before use.
Recommended reading on making your own (dry cured) sausages and charcuterie
- 👉Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)
- Over Charcuterie (Dutch) – handbook for home charcuterie making by the founder of startercultures.eu