A widely applicable casing which, due to the larger diameter, is very suitable for cooked sausages, blood sausages, liver sausages and traditional dried sausages of the southern European type. Natural product, dries well.
Beef middles – 40-43 mm | for sausages
What are beef middles?
Beef middles are made from the intestines of cattle. They are part of the small intestine. You use them for making sausages.
What do you use beef middles for?
Beef middles are a widely applicable casing which, due to the larger diameter, is very suitable for cooked sausages, blood sausages, liver sausages and traditional dried sausages of the southern European type. Natural product, dries well and can be smoked and mold-fermented. Not for fresh saugages.
- sold per 2 meters
- diameter: 40-43 mm
- stuffing capacity: around 1+ kg per meter
- salted and vacuum sealed
- store in the refrigerator
- desalt several hours in fresh water
- shelf life about 8-10 months
Recommended reading on making your own (dry cured) sausages and charcuterie
- 👉Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)
- Over Charcuterie (Dutch) – handbook for home charcuterie making by the founder of startercultures.eu
Online English spoken sausage making workshop
In this English spoken online workshop you will learn the theory and practice of making fresh sausages. What types of meat work best, where can you find your ingredients, what are the main pitfalls and what funny things can you do with casings. Foodwriter ‘Meneer Wateetons’, author of several books on fermentation and alternative food preparation techniques, will teach you all about fermentation, curing salts, food safety, pH, starter cultures, molds and drying conditions. Click here for more info.