The ideal standard casing for all your sausages. Suitable for all fresh sausages, but also for small diameter sausages and liver sausages, for blood sausages such as boudin noir and of course ideal for dry sausages of the North American or Northern European type.
Natural hog casings for sausages – 32-34 mm
What are natural hog casings for sausages?
Natural casings are the carefully cleaned and prepared intestines of pigs. The most important properties of natural casings are: a natural product, an authentic and traditional look, porous and therefore absorb smoke very well and are elastic, so can be overfilled. These casings are made from the small intestine.
About our natural hog casings
These hog casing are the ideal go-to casing for all your sausages. They are suitable for all fresh sausages, but also for small diameter sausages and liver sausages, for blood sausages such as boudin noir and of course ideal for dry sausages of the North American and Northern European type.
- diameter: 32-34 mm
- sold per tube (about 8-10 meters)
- Stuffing capacity around 750-1000 grams per meter
- salted and vacuumsealed
- store them in the refrigerator
- de-salt them in fresh water for several hours before use
- shelf life about 8-12 months
Recommended reading on making your own dry cured sausages
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- German Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)