The big boy! No less than 1.8 to 2.5 kg of meat will fit in this 70 cm long intestine. Fat ends are made from the last part of the intestinal tract of the pig and are used, among other things, for Hausmacher liver sausage.
Hog fat end – 50 mm | for sausages and charcuterie
The big boy! Unique product, a hog fat end is nowhere else for sale for the home user in Europe.
What is a fat end?
Fat ends are made from the last part of the intestinal tract of the pig.
What do you use a fat end for?
No less than 1.8 to 2.5 kg of meat will fit in this 70 cm long intestine. They are used, among other things, for Hausmacher and Berliner liver sausages, but you can also use them for a Italian salami that requires slow maturations. Due to the large diameter it can also be used as a casing for, for example, a coppa or lomo or lonza. Due to the thick, somewhat greasy structure your product dries slowly and evenly.
- 1 fat end
- salted and vacuum sealed
- store in salt in the refrigerator
- before use, desalinate for about 24 hours in fresh water
- sold individually
- knotted on one side
- Length: around 70 cm
- Diameter: around 50 mm
- stuffing capacity: 1,8-2,5 kg
- shelf life about 8-10 months
Recommended reading on making your own (dry cured) sausages and charcuterie
- 👉Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)
- Over Charcuterie (Dutch) – handbook for home charcuterie making by the founder of startercultures.eu
Online English spoken ‘how to make your own dry cured charcuterie’ workshop
Learn how to make your own whole muscle charcuterie from ‘Meneer Wateetons’, the author of the (dutch) leading work in this field: ‘Over Charcuterie‘. Cured ham, pancetta, guanciale, lardo, coppa and more delicious Southern European dried meat products will be covered. In this online English spoken workshop you will learn everything about salting, drying, maturing, vacuuming, smoking, temperature and humidity in 90 minutes, after which you will be ready to make your own charcuterie yourself, safe and tasty. Click here for more info.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.