L. sakei can suppress the growth of spoilage and pathogenic bacteria such as native lactic acid bacteria and Listeria monocytogenes.
Bactoferm Safepro B-2 (lactobacillus sakei) – for dried sausages
Frequently bought together with...
About Bactoferm SafePro B-2
B-2 is a single strain culture containing Lactobacillus sakei in a lyophilized form. L. sakei can suppress the growth of spoilage and pathogenic bacteria such as native lactic acid bacteria and Listeria monocytogenes. L. sakei grows over a wide temperature range up to 2 ° C (35 ° F) and survives freezing.
B-2 is recommended for biological protection of cooked or salted meat products vacuum-packed or packaged in a modified atmosphere.
Lactobacillus sakei is sometimes used by people who suffer from sinusitus. We cannot accept any responsibility for use as a medical application. That is entirely up to the end user.
- 25 grams
- Contents: dextrose, starter culture
- Suitable for 50 kg of meat
- dosage: 0.5 grams per kilo
- bacteria: Lactobacillus sakei
- Note: store in the freezer, but short interruptions of freezing cycle will do not affect the quality.
- When used in sausages it should always be combined with a regular starter, nitrite, dextrose and optionally with potassium nitrate / saltpetre
- Sliced cooked ham and emulsion sausages: The culture is applied by dipping, dripping or spraying a culture suspension on the surface after cooking.
- Freshly salted sausages and spreadable sausages: The culture is immediately added together with the dry ingredients, but can also be applied to the finished product as mentioned above.
- Raw meat products: The culture is added directly to the brine that is injected in the product but can also be applied to the finished product as stated above.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.