Bitecl LS 25 is a fast starter culture for rapid acidification of North American or Northern European sausage types. Good ‘clean’ dry sausage taste, so that your added spices come out best. Excellent color formation and stability. lactobacillus sakei
Fast starter culture Bitec LS 25 | for dried sausages
What are starter cultures for sausages?
Starter cultures are freeze-dried bacteria that you use in making your own dry sausages such as chorizo, fuet, salami and countless other dry sausages. They provide safety by acidifying your meat (i.e. lowering the pH) and they give your sausages their distinctive cured and ripened flavor. You always use them together with nitrite salt (curing salt), dextrose and sometimes nitrates. They roughly come in 3 variants: fast, medium fast and slow. Bitec LS 25 is a fast type of starter culture.
About Bitec LS 25
Bitec LS 25 is a fast starter culture for rapid acidification of North American or Northern European sausage types. Good ‘clean’ dry sausage taste, so that your added spices come out best. Excellent color formation and stability.
- Bacteria: lactobacillus sakei, S. carnosus
- Bitec LS 25 can be used as a substitute to Bactoferm F-RM-52
- 25 grams suitable for 50 kg of meat
- Store in the freezer, however, short disruptions of freezing will not influence the quality
- Always combine with curing salt and dextrose
- Fermentation: approximately 24 hours @ 30 °C
Recommended reading on making your own (dry cured) sausages and charcuterie
- 👉Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)
- Over Charcuterie (Dutch) – handbook for home charcuterie making by the founder of startercultures.eu
Online English spoken dry cured sausage making workshop
During this English spoken masterclass you will learn the theory and practice of making cured dry sausages such as salami’s, fuet, chorizo, pepperoni and summers sausages at home. Foodwriter ‘Meneer Wateetons’, author of several books on fermentation and sausagemaking, will teach you all about fermentation, curing salts, food safety, pH, starter cultures, molds and drying conditions.Click here for more info.