A starter for all charcuterie. RAPS Biostart RP takes your ham or other charcuterie such as pancetta, coppa, bresaola or lonza to a new level. Sale: best before 31-3-2022.
RAPS biostart RP | starter culture for charcuterie
RAPS biostart RP: the only starter culture for charcuterie that works for all charcuterie
About RAPS Biostart RP Starter culture for charcuterie
RAPS Biostart RP takes your ham or other charcuterie such as pancetta, coppa, bresaola or lonza to a new level. You can easily add this starter culture to every charcuterie recipe. Not only does it help to develop the typical full Southern European charcuterie flavor, but it also supports color formation and inhibits the growth of unwanted microorganisms. It is a microbiological starter, and therefore contains no spices or flavor enhancers.
- Pleasant, characteristic ripened aroma
- Helps create the typical raw charcuterie flavor and a natural color
- Contains only lactic acid bacteria, and no flavor enhancers or other tricks.
- Note: best stored store in the freezer, but short interruptions of freezing do not affect the quality.
- 1 bag is enough for 100 kilos of meat
- dosage: 0,1 gram per kilo of meat. Just add it to the brine or cure. Please overdose a little.
- Suitable for dry and wet salting / brining
How to use RAPS Biostart RP Starter culture for charcuterie
This culture can easily be added to any recipe and brings out the typical raw ham flavour, whilst helping to achieve an appetising cured colour. Here’s an example of an alpine style raw ham recipe by RAPS itself which shows how the culture is applied.
Recommended reading on making your own (dry cured) sausages and charcuterie
- 👉Free pointer on converting American cure #1 and #2 recipes to European ingredients
- Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages
- The art of making fermented sausages
- Spanish Sausages Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions
- Worstbijbel (Dutch only; by the author of startercultures.eu)
- Over Charcuterie (Dutch) – handbook for home charcuterie making by the founder of startercultures.eu
Online English spoken ‘how to make your own dry cured charcuterie’ workshop
Learn how to make your own whole muscle charcuterie from ‘Meneer Wateetons’, the author of the (dutch) leading work in this field: ‘Over Charcuterie‘. Cured ham, pancetta, guanciale, lardo, coppa and more delicious Southern European dried meat products will be covered. In this online English spoken workshop you will learn everything about salting, drying, maturing, vacuuming, smoking, temperature and humidity in 90 minutes, after which you will be ready to make your own charcuterie yourself, safe and tasty. Click here for more info.