The RotPot is a complete do-it-yourself kit that allows you to make the tastiest sauerkraut or kimchi at home through fermentation.
Make your own fermented vegetables with the one and only RotPot fermentation starterkit.
What is a Rotpot fermentation starterkit?
The RotPot is a complete do-it-yourself kit that allows you to make the tastiest sauerkraut or kimchi at home through fermentation. Ferme … what? Fermenting! An old preparation technique, in which yeasts and bacteria convert the naturally occurring sugars into mild acids.See, feel, smell and taste how your fermentation changes over time into a unique and personal product.
Ideal to easily turn leftover vegetables or dairy into a tasteful, tasty and long-lasting product. The RotPot is also an original and sustainable gift for someone who is going to take his or her first steps on the fermentation path.
RotPot was developed in Rotterdam and is made in a nearby social workplace. The components are carefully selected, food-safe and can be reused endlessly. The herbs and spices are purchased wherever possible from certified, organic suppliers.
Contents of this fermentation starterkit
- 1 L reusable glass jar
- 2 lids, one with a hole for a water seal
- a water lock
- kimchi ‘krautmix’
- a clear instruction
You can reuse the RotPot fermentation starterkit endlessly and from now on you can make your own fermented vegetable for the rest of your life. The supplied kraut mix, for one portion, is the only difference between the four variants. So it doesn’t really matter which you purchase.
How to make your own sauerkraut
- Cut a cabbage (approx. 1 kilo) into quarters and remove the tough core and base.
- Cut the cabbage pieces into thin strips and put it in a mixing bowl with the kraut mix.
- Knead the krautmix firmly into the cabbage for a few minutes until moisture is released.
- Place the seasoned cabbage and the natural moisture in the pot in small batches.
- Push the cabbage firmly down until the moisture covers it.
- Open the red cap of the airlock and fill with water until the bulbs are half full.
- Push the lid onto the pot and insert the airlock through the hole in the lid.
- Let the cabbage ferment for 6 to 8 weeks at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Remove the lid from the jar and taste with a clean fork whether the taste is to your liking.
Serve immediately, keep in the fridge with a clean lid or let it ferment further to your optimum taste.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.