Sauerkraut pots too big? Weck jars too expensive? Vacuum bags too environmentally polluting? Then simply convert any jar or yoghurt bucket that you already have lying around into automatic fermentation jars!
Sauerkraut pots too big? Weck jars too expensive? Vacuum bags too environmentally polluting? Then simply convert any jar or yoghurt bucket that you already have lying around into automatic fermentation jars! How ‘no waste’ do you want it?
What is a waterlock?
The waterlock ensures that carbon dioxide can escape, but that no oxygen, fungi or fruit flies can get to your fermenting vegetables. The rubber grommet ensures that the waterlock fits perfectly in your lid and that no gas can escape around the edges.
- 1 waterlock
- 1 rubber seal (approx. 10-11 mm)
- Also suitable for brewing beer or making wine or cider
- Every jar, empty sea salt bucket, yogurt bucket or empty mayonnaise bucket will work. As long as it has a plastic or metal lid. Do not drill into glass unless you know what you are doing.
- Clean your pot thoroughly.
- Use a 10-11 mm metal or wood drill bit to drill very slowly, without pressure, through the lid.
- put the rubber in it
- Put the vegetables to be fermented in a jar
- Fill the waterlock halfway with water
- Insert the waterlock in the hole
- Close the jar
- After about 24 hours, depending on the temperature, you will see the first bubbles.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.