This waterlockset comes prefabricated, no need to drill holes yourself. It fits on all standard D82 jars. D82 (ca 75 mm diameter) is the most common mouthsize in Europe.
What is a waterlock?
The waterlock ensures that carbon dioxide can escape, but that no oxygen, fungi or fruit flies can get to your fermenting vegetables or whatever type of fermentation you use it for. The rubber grommet ensures that the waterlock fits perfectly in your lid and that no gas can escape around the edges.
About this waterlock and D82 lid
This set comes prefabricated, no need to drill holes yourself. It fits on all standard D82 jars. D82 is the most common mouthsize in most of Europe. The mouth diameter is around 75 mm. Please check your jar mouthsize before ordering. Check out the pictures to see some standard D82 jars.
- 1 waterlock
- 1 D82 plastic lid with grommet
- diameter: around 75 mm
Don’t have D82 jars? Unsure? Check out these alternatives.
- DIY waterlock, useable for any jar or bucket
- Mason jar self sealing waterlock
- Rotpot – all in one vegetable fermentation set
- Carefully insert the waterlock into the hole, making sure not to crack the lid. It helps to use a little water or oil as a lubricant.
- Fill the waterlock halfway with water
- Close the lid tightly.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.